Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lap/Hysteroscopy/D&C

The Surgery went well. I kept saying to my mom that I would be coming home that day. She kept telling me I was not and I should be prepared for that. I should have believed her especially since she is in the medical field.

My surgery was at 1pm and it do not start until 1:30.
The surgery was only going to be 2 hours and it ended up 3 and half hours. They removed my left tube as it was fused to my ovary with adhesion's. I also have 2 endometriomas a very large and medium one on my right ovary. I also had adhesion's between my cervix and rectum and on my bowels.

The doctor came to talk with my family around 5-5:30 and when I was in recover I asked what time it was they said it was 6:10. That is when my doctor had me admitted and I was just waiting for a bed. By the time I got to my room it was 8pm. I had been at the hospital since 11am. When my parents dropped off my husband it was 9:30 and when they got home it was almost 11:30. I know everyone had a long day.

I could not sleep in the hospital. The iv in both hands hurt because I have tinny vanes. Plus having to call the nurse every time I need to go to the bathroom. I know they are there to help and they were great but I just wanted to sleep.


I knew I had pain but some pain I had I did not know it was connected to endo. Plus my doctor still does not know why I was spotting so much.

My re wants me to do 3 months of lupron and then try naturally after that since I have bad endo. From what I have been reading that lupron calms down the endo and can truly help. But I am very nervous about it. He wants to give me my first shot in 2 weeks at my post op appointment.

No comments: