Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Post Op/Vent

I just got back from my post op appt. My surgery report was 3 pages long. My doctor told me I have the most severe endo he has ever seen. I am sure it was bad because I took estrogen for 4 months since I have high fsh. My previous doctor never thought I had endo even when I asked about me having endo.

I did not get all of the report as my re was stressing the lupron shot. I do have to see him again next week so I get more information about it. The back of my uterus was attached to my bowel and rectum. My left tube was removed because it was fused to my ovary with adhesion's. The tube looked like a squished up hot dog ( I know it sounds gross). I also had adhesion's behind my cervix. He said he removed a lot. He thinks I only have about 6 months before it will start to grow back.

So he wants me to go on lupron. I brought my shot with me. I told I was concerned about headaches and now I have to wait approval from my neuro if I can take it. But since I have not had my period he wants me to take provera to bring it on and then do the lupron.

My re's office kept questioning me on if I was pregnant, and I kept saying "no I wish I was" If I was I would not want the lupron. They even wanted me to get a beta because I'm on cycle day 38. I told them I have not had sex since the day before my surgery.

So my re would not even talk about me getting pregnant. He stressed and I mean really stressed about relieving my pain and calming down the endo. Then he was like we will talk later about other things.

I really don't want to take the shot since I want to get pregnant but I know it will help the endo calm down.

No comments: